Today was my second day in the school; it’s another orientation day. Today I decided to just do jot form as I took jot notes throughout the day.
Morning – A.M.
8:30 a.m. – 9:05 a.m.
– The co-operating teacher took an opportunity to introduce my partner and I. She also explained internships and practicums to her students.
– Today’s science 9 lesson was on meteors, meteorites, meteoroids, asteroids, asteroid belts, comets, dwarf planets, and moons.
– Uses photos to compare meteors, meteorites, and meteoroids.
– Uses images to represent asteroids and the asteroid belt.
– Most students paid attention but some were playing with cell phones, and some had their heads down.
– Showed photo of a comet and a YouTube video:
– Showed photo of dwarf planets and a video:
– Showed photo of the moon and a video:
9:05 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.
– Teacher hands out a 15 question assignment for the students to complete. She had to clarify one question because she missed talking about it in her lecture. She then let students mark their own assignments out of 5%. She then had students announce their mark out of 5.
9:15 a.m. – 9:25 a.m.
– Bill Nye the Science Guy video:
9:25 a.m. – 9:31 a.m.
– Handed back assignments
– Allowed students to book out textbooks and grab missing assignments
– Allowed students to visit with one another.
9:35 a.m. – 9:50 a.m.
9:50 a.m. – 10:55 a.m.
– Started lesson at 10:00 a.m.
– same lesson as in Period 1
– Showed missing meteor video:
– missed asteroid and asteroid belt slide (went back to it)
– Mentioned “albedo affect” that was missed in the first lesson.
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m.
– Partner teaches lesson that the cooperating teacher taught in the previous two lessons.
– went over expectations for lesson plans
– 12 students came today.
– Only 8 were the same as yesterday.
– 3 left the room to work elsewhere.